Prepares those aspiring to earn a national Career Readiness Certificate (CRC), which measures core employability skills mapped to over 16,000 careers. Targets four core areas— applied math, reading for information, locating information, and business writing.
- Provides contextualized learning with real careers
- Scaffolded instruction for independent practice
- Includes full-length online posttests
This uniquely designed Social Studies series introduces a topic from one perspective, then delves into the topic from another perspective to solidify comprehension, teach critical thinking skills, and improve confidence for struggling learners. Each book includes nonfiction text features such as a table of contents, timelines, glossaries, historical photographs, case studies, biographies, and more.
- Helps engage learners with colorful photography that brings history to life
- Builds knowledge of high-value topics and concepts in U.S. history
Available separately by topic or in value-priced packages.
Help build Science content knowledge through leveled reading. This unique program helps simplify complex concepts and makes learning manageable. With carefully leveled text and highly visual support, it is designed to build students' foundational skills in science, social studies, and art.
- Improves content-area knowledge and academic vocabulary students need for testing
- Exposes students to nonfiction text features from various disciplines
- Gives students the confidence to participate in content-area classes
More New Products
Help bridge the gap between classroom and real-life mathematics. This program covers basic consumer economics and math and gives students the financial skills necessary to think critically and make sound financial decisions, including:
- Personal financial literacy
- Important money management skills
- Real-life problem solving abilities
- Includes an answer key in each book
The essential writing companion for students who need language support. This resource provides clear, detailed instruction for novice adult writers, intermediate and advanced English Language Learners, and more.
- Features writing models from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Includes research instruction and test-taking strategies
- Provides assessment rubrics
Learning About the Writing ProcessUsing the Writing Process Selecting a Topic Gathering Details Writing the First Draft Revising Your Writing Peer Responding Editing and Proofreading
Writing Basic Sentences Combining Sentences Writing Paragraphs Writing Expository Essays Writing Persuasive Essays The Art of Writing
Personal Writing Subject Writing Creative Writing Report Writing Workplace Writing
Searching to Learn Types of Information Using Electronic Sources Using the Library Thinking to Learn Reading to Learn Learning to Learn
- Proofreader's Guide
- Student Almanac
Write for College
A "must-have" resource for every college-bound student. In-depth instruction covers topics ranging from grammar, usage, and mechanics to research, proofing, and even publishing.
- Includes MLA and APA documentation styles
- Provides effective tips and strategies from other student writers
- Features mini-lessons, activities, timed writing practice, and sample exit and entrance exams
One Writer's Process Traits of WritingA Guide to Prewriting A Guide to Drafting A Guide to Revising A Guide to Editing A Guide to Publishing
Making Sentences Work Developing Strong Paragraphs Mastering the Academic Essay
Understanding Style in Writing Writing Terms and Techniques Designing Your Writing
Personal Writing Report (Expository) Writing Analytical Writing Persuasive Writing Writing About Literature Business Writing
Writing the Research Paper Writing Responsibly MLA Documentation Style MLA Research Paper APA Documentation Style APA Research Paper Using the Internet Using the Library